Koska explains the following: "The history of Koska dates back to the "helvacı" (halva store) run by Haci Emin Bey in Denizli in early 1900s. Continuing the family tradition, Halil Ibrahim Adil Dindar and his sons arrived in Istanbul in 1931 and opened a store in the neighborhood called "Koska". In time, they earned a reputation for their delicious halva and desserts. Due to their neighborhood, they came to be known as the halva store in Koska and later they officially registered this name as their brand. At the factory built in 1974 in Topkapı, they started manufacturing Turkish delight, preserves and nougat as well as halva. In 1983, brothers Mumtaz and Nevzat Dindar separated from their younger brothers and moved to the modern facilities they built in Merter, deciding to continue operations in this location. Still managed by the fourth generation, Koska continues manufacturing in its new facilities on the Avcılar-Ambarli Junction stretching over 11 thousand square meters, with 22 thousand square meters of indoor space."
Submitted by UB