According to the cafe's website: "The Reedville Cafe first opened as the Shack Tavern in 1934. As a tavern, it was a place to stop for some good conversation over a favorite brew (or two). In 1950, Al and Polly Van Beveren bought the business lock, stock and barrel and it has been in the Van Beveren family ever since. The name changed to the Reedville Cafe in 1990, and the building has been remodeled several times - the kitchen and dining rooms enlarged and outdoor dining areas added to serve meals to ever-growing numbers of loyal customers."
Submitted by MrK