These pictures were sent in by GF. He writes: "Construction started in 1934 and it was opened officially by King George VI in 1938. Stylistically, the building is Gothic in character, with heavy masonry, deep pierced ornately carved tracery effects, and a typically steeply pitched roof, yet interpreted in a modern style in Darley Dale stone. Internally it has stained glass windows by George Kruger Gray, which represent ancient Lancastrian Coats of Arms. It is (obviously) and extension to the main Town Hall building, a neo-Gothic masterpiece built from 1868 - 77."