"Landmark Center was built in 1902 and originally served as the Federal Court House and Post office for the Upper Midwest. In the 1970s, a group of determined citizens saved the building from the wrecking ball and restored it to its previous grandeur. It was designated a National Historic Monument and reopened to the public as Landmark Center in 1978. Today, Landmark Center serves as a cultural center for music, dance, theater, exhibitions, public forums, and hosts countless special events."
Submitted by ES