This picture was sent in by CS. He writes: "James L. Flood built this San Francisco landmark as a monument to his father James C. Flood, a "California pioneer". It was the largest steel frame building west of the Mississippi at the time of it's construction (1902-4). It's got lots of marble and brass; and (obviously) it survived the 1906 earthquake and fire. Over the years it has housed the Southern Pacific Railroad Company, medical and dental offices, the military, and now commercial office space since 1953."