This picture was sent in by JH. He writes: "The impressive Mellon Institute building is literally half a block, and across Fifth Avenue, from Clapp Hall [at University of Pittsburgh]. Andrew Mellon donated the funds for its construction and was present at the groundbreaking in the spring of 1937, his last public appearance. Each of the three-story colums is a single piece of Indiana limestone. Unverified legend has it that when Mellon was told that it was impossible to cut single-piece columns of those dimensions, he bought the quarry. The third-floor men's room looks like it could be from a swank fern bar somewhere. The original yellow porcelain was unfortunately recently removed (damn!), but the black glass walls, that make this shot difficult, are original."